Avatax Integration with IMX Systems
IMX Solutions has partnered with Avalara, and integrated their best-in-class Avatax service into our web-based software system in two areas – both the SHOP360 (ecommerce shopping cart) and the EOS360 (backend system).
Sales tax rate drivers within an order:
- Product Taxability: Types of products in the cart.
- Address Validation / Jurisdiction Assignment: The physical street addresses of each recipient, within an order determines the applicable taxes. Various taxes types that come into play can be RTA taxes, stadium taxes, and various local taxes.
- Sourcing Rules: Shipper(s) location(s) for each shipment within an order.
Scenarios managed with IMX / Avatax integration:
- Corporate gift giving functionality creates an unlimited number of “recipients” within any given “order”. Each recipient address, in combination with the products in their shipment, will drive the tax amount for that order.
- Drop-shipper functionality provides multiple “ship-from” addresses on any given “shipment” within each order. This provides the ability to control shipping end-to-end, while staying in full compliance regarding ecommerce sales tax on shipping.
Visit the Avalara website to learn more about their services:
- Avatax Calc – Accurate calculations at the point of transaction.
- Avatax Cert – Exemption certificate management.
- Avatax Returns – On-time, every time filing and remittance of transactional sales tax liabilities.
IMX Solutions selected Avatax so that the business needs of our customers will be met today, and into the future – accurately, and real-time.